Monday, July 27, 2009

Moo Shu Pork by Emeril

Hello all. Welcome to my first post on my new foodie blog. I was laid off from my first and last 8-5 job I ever had 7 years ago. While I was debating on what I wanted to do I discovered the Food Network and have been watching it religiously ever since. Before I started watching I only knew how to cook 3 things and I didn't do it too often. Now I cook pretty much every day and LOVE it!

Last night I made Emeril Lagasse's Moo Shu Pork and it was awesome! I had to make a few substitutions but it was good. Instead of shiitake mushrooms I had to use regular mushrooms and instead of green onions I used red onions. I did not have any bean sprouts so those were left out. We had it with sake and Stella beer as well as a Rodney Strong rose wine. I highly recommend the beer, it seemed to go with the meal the best. Emeril is one of my favorite chefs and I highly recommend this recipe. You can find it here. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/moo-shu-pork-recipe/index.html

I am Going to the Women's Conference in Long Beach, CA in Oct. and I am looking forward to meeting Paula Deen there, another one of my favorite chefs. Last year I met Rachael Ray and Rocco DeSpirito. Rocco was very personable and friendly!

Tonight I will be making Giada's White Bean and Chicken Chili along with her Cheddar and Scallion Bread. I will let you know how it goes. Have a great day and eat well!

No comments:

Post a Comment