Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Firehouse Gourmet Inc., Macy's School of Cooking & More...

As you all know I am the Sous Chef for the Chief Chef Don Heiser of Firehouse Gourmet Inc. Our last dinner class was supposed to be on Sat Aug 14th for the year. Unfortunately our guests canceled at the last minute and we had to cancel the class. We start again next year in January with new classes including an Asian one the Chief wants me to run. Pretty scary but exciting at the same time! Please keep us in mind still though for private events, we are doing two in December or Christmas parties for clients at his home. www.firehousegourmet.com

In January I also began working for Macy's School of Cooking through a friend I had met along my food journey over the last 10 years. I met Cynthia when I volunteered at the San Diego Bay Food & Wine Festival years ago. It's so much fun! I am now the Sous Chef/Kitchen Asst for Chef Bernard (@ChefBernard on Twitter) of the Marine Room in La Jolla and Chef Scotty of ChileCo. Catering Co. I love both of them and lean a lot from them ea time I work with them! I was just offered to work with Chef Scotty on a more regular basis and proudly accepted. He's not only opening a restaurant next mo. but also an adjoining club. Should be fun! I can't wait to see it.

I attended the Macy's School of Cooking class with Andrea Robinson last mo. and she was awesome. She's one of the chefs who I first saw on the Food Network 10 years ago who inspired me to go on this cooking journey. "Andrea Robinson, one of the country’s leading wine educators, is one of only 15 women in the world who have been appointed Master Sommelier by the prestigious Court of Master Sommeliers. She was the first woman ever chosen Best Sommelier in the United States by the Sommelier Society of America. Andrea also became the first appointed Dean of Wine Studies for The French Culinary Institute in New York City, where she graduated with honors from its renowned 600-hour professional culinary program." From her new site, check it out, she is selling these great wine glasses now. We got one at the class to take home. http://andreawine.ewinerysolutions.com I was so excited to be able to learn from her and meet her in person. Great lady and VERY funny!

I am also in the process of opening an online gourmet food store. I will let you know as things heat up.

Have a great day everyone and remember to live, love, and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment