Monday, November 23, 2009

San Diego Bay Food & Wine Festival & More.....

Hello all. Wow! What a wonderful and fun long weekend! I volunteered at the San Diego Bay Food & Wine Festival again this year. I have done it since inception and absolutely love it. I acted as Sam The Cooking Guy's sous chef on Thurs and assisted the Top Chef All Stars on Fri. Good to see Chef CJ and Chef Brian Malarkey again! They are a blast every year! Thank you to Michelle and Ken the creators. You have brought out the foodie in me! I love it so much I am embarking on a new career in catering. I reconnected with two other volunteers last week who cater on the side. I look forward to assisting them some time in the near future. I am also in the process of being mentored by the famous Chief Chef Don Heiser of the Firehouse Gourmet. It's been about a month now and I have already learned a lot. Follow him on Twitter @firegourmet. He is starting classes the first of the year in which I will be assisting. If you would like to see the class schedule please let me know. We would love for you to join us. I also just got home from my first interview with Dream Dinners in Carlsbad. My second interview will be next week some time, please wish me luck. Thanks! I am cooking this year for Thanksgiving and Can't wait. I am using a recipe from Anne Burrell for our turkey. Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment